Object Management Group
Object Management Group Announces Modernization Summit in New Orleans on September 27
Needham, MA – September 8, 2017 – The Object Management Group® (OMG®), an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium, today announced it will host the Modernization Summit at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans Hotel on September 27 from 8:45 am – 5:00 pm. Registration costs $149 USD and is open to the public.
The Summit features topics from industry experts who will discuss how to leverage OMG Architecture- Driven Modernization™ (ADM™) standards and best practices that enable the modernization and transformation of legacy systems including:
- The Role of Business Architecture in Business-driven, IT Transformation with William Ulrich, President, TSG, Inc. and Co-Chair, OMG ADM Task Force
- Modernizing Mission Critical Legacy Systems for Secure Cloud Computing with Philip Newcomb, Founder, Chairman and CEO The Software Revolution, Inc. and OMG Co-Chair ADM Task Force
- Discovering Legacy IT Knowledge to Build the Roadmap with Jason McColm Smith, PhD, OMG ADM Task Force Chair Emeritus
- Winning the Cyber War with Structured Software Assurance with Robert Martin, Senior Principal Engineer, MITRE
- Putting an End to Technical Debt with Dr. Bill Curtis, SVP and Chief Scientist CAST, Executive Director, Consortium for IT Software Quality™
- Knowledge Discovery for Cyber Assurance with Nick Mansourov, PhD, CTO, KDM Analytics
The public is also invited to also attend an optional full-day Modernization Workshop on Thursday, September 28th. The Workshop builds upon the best-practice theory and standards of the OMG Modernization Summit to successfully conduct an architecture-driven modernization project.
Registration for the Modernization Summit includes refreshments and lunch. Registration for the Modernization Workshop is an additional $99 USD. To view the full Modernization Summit agenda visit http://www.omg.org/events/la-17/special-events/Modernization-Summit.htm. Media can register for a complimentary press pass using the code TCLAP17.
The Summit is co-located with the Object Management Group Technical Meeting (TC), scheduled from September 25-29, 2017. To view the full TC meeting agenda and register, visit http://www.omg.org/events/la-17/index.htm.
OMG Social Media Channels
Follow the Twitter hashtag #OMGTCNOLA to join the conversation. To learn about becoming an OMG member, click on http://www.omg.org or visit us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on LinkedIn.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium with representation from government, industry and academia. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit http://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.